Chapter Twenty-Six | OH MY GOD

unedited (there are probably a ton of typos in this so proceed with caution)

"It looks like every group has a yoga mat. Thank you again for being so generous Yaoyarozu!" Tenya bowed to the black-haired girl for the fifth time that morning, quickly standing up straight to address the whole class. "Everyone! Please situate your yoga mat! Ashido and Uraraka have offered to read out and demonstrate all of the poses. I ask that everyone at least attempts every pose and be patient with your partners."

"Yeah, I can already tell that this is gonna get old really fast," Denki huffed out, sparing a judgemental side glance to his short purple-haired(?) partner.

"Hey man, you're the one who wanted to be on the team, and I quote, 'Pimp Daddies'." Eijiro laughed, his green-headed partner tuning red at his words.

"Not to come off as overly confident or anything, but I think Shoji and I are definitely gonna win this," Hanta casually stated.

"Like hell! Coca-cola and I are gonna do better than all of you extras!" Katsuki declared, easily baited by the taller black-haired boy.

"And the nickname master does it again!" Hanta teased, his grin widening as Katsuki began to shake with anger.

"I don't know Kacchan, Shoji's got hella arms. It could give them a slight advantage," Denki theorized, quickly running away when the spikey blond lunged at him.

"Even if it does, it's not like this is a competition," Tsuyu spoke up as she sat down on her shared mat with Toru.

"I'm pretty sure everything is a competition in Bakugo's eyes," Mashiaro sighed, earning a nod of agreement from Rikido. Shoto watched the prickly blond chase his energetic friend around, an impressive amount of profanities coming from his mouth. A small smile formed on his face as an unfamiliar fluttery feeling bloomed in his stomach. He was so distracted by the sudden warmth in his chest that he didn't notice the pair of green eyes staring at him.

"Uh... you good Midoriya?" Ejiro asked as he plopped down next to him on their yoga mat. He smiled in amusement as he watched the smaller boy jump at the mention of his name.

"I-uh-y-yeah I'm fine..." he stuttered as he looked up at the red-eyed boy. "Just... thinking about something."

"Does it have anything to do with the way you're eyeing Todoroki like he's some kind of unknown alien species?" Eijiro joked, showing off his sharp teeth with a teasing smirk.

Izuku let out an embarrassed squeak, covering his face with his scarred hands. "Does it really look that way? I'm sorry that must make you super uncomfortable! I've been trying to get a hold of my mumbling but I still get lost in thought pretty often and I can't even imagine how concerning it can sometimes be for other people. Not that anyone should be concerned about me, I get into way too many crazy situations to ask that of people. They'd waste all of their energy worrying about me, and that's probably part of the reason Kacchan hates me so much. To be honest, I don't blame him. Being worried about someone and worrying other people all the time must be exhausting, but I hope that-"

"Calm down bro, it's not that deep," Ejiro chuckled, snapping the mumbling boy out of his trance. An embarrassed blush covered Izuku's cheeks as he muttered a few more apologies. The red-haired boy just smiled, patting the broccoli boy on the shoulder. "It's fine man. I was just wondering what you could have been thinking about that made you have that expression,"

Izuku brought his fingers up to his chin, diving back into his earlier thought process. "Well, to be honest, I was thinking about something that Kacchan said," he started, capturing the redhead's attention at the mention of his best friend. "He said that he and Todoroki were going to beat all of us. To most people that sounds like typical Kacchan but..."