Chapter Thirteen | How Could I Refuse?

unedited

"This is just great! What are we supposed to do!?" Mitsuki sighed, annoyance evident in her tone. The four individuals were standing outside of the store they got kicked out of only moments ago, and the spiky-haired woman wasn't particularly thrilled with what just happened.

"Chill out, we can just go to a different store," Katsuki grumbled.

"It's getting pretty dark. I don't know if any stores around here are gonna be open for much longer," Fuyumi thought aloud, gazing at the setting sun.

"Maybe you can resume your shopping sometime tomorrow?" Shoto suggested, sounding as if he was asking a question. Mitsuki sighed, bringing her hand up and pinching the bridge of her nose.

"We don't have enough food to cook anything at home, but I guess we'll survive." she shifted her gaze to her son, who was glaring at the street. "Sorry Katsuki, but it looks like we're gonna be eating snacks for dinner. Good thing your dad is on that business trip. I'd feel awful if he didn't eat a good dinner..."

"And what about me, huh!? Do you even care if I starve to death!?"

"Of course I care you brat! But you're a strong boy, you'll be fine!" she waved him off, turning to walk towards the train station. "C'mon, let's go. There's a convenience store on the way that probably has instant ramen or something,"

The two boys made brief eye contact before the blond began trailing after his mother. Shoto was about to begin walking towards his sister's car but stopped at the sound of her sudden voice.

"Wait!" she frantically waved at the Bakugos', causing both of them to turn and look back at her. Her lips curved into a kind smile, and Shoto almost grimaced when he realized what she was thinking. "Why don't you two join Shoto and I for dinner at our house?"

Both blonds were surprised by the offer, but Mitsuki was the only one to speak. "Are you sure? I wouldn't want to intrude, and you barely know us-"

"Nonsense! You wouldn't be intruding, and we have tons of space to spare. Plus, my younger brother over here and your son are in the same class, so you're not complete strangers!"

'They're still strangers to you, and I've obviously never met this lady.' Shoto thought, rolling his eyes at Fuyumi's logic.

"Also..." Fuyumi turned to her purse, digging around for a moment before pulling a bag of coffee out. "I could make us some coffee if you're up to it~" she chimed, a mischievous grin on her face. It was the same brand that Mitsuki had recommended to Fuyumi before they got kicked out of the store.

"What the hell?" Shoto's eyes widened as he stared at the bag. "Fuyumi, did you ste-"

"Hush Shoto, the grownups are talking," she cut him off, earning a scoff from the half and half boy.

Mitsuki began walking towards the siblings, a similar grin growing on her face. "With an offer like that, how could I refuse?"

"Great! My car is right around the block!" Fuyumi began leading the way, the two ladies quickly becoming engaged in a conversation. Shoto let out a tired sigh, slightly flinching when he heard a gruff voice speak next to him.

"Why do I always get stuck with you?" Katsuki grumbled, walking past the taller boy without sparing a single glance. Shoto blinked, quickly following after the blond.

"Right. I forgot you were here."

"Shut the hell up IcyHot! And don't walk beside me!"

_______________

COVID-19 may be keepin' me out of school but it certainly doesn't stop the ungodly amount of schoolwork :(