Chapter Twenty-Three | And They Were Partners

unedited

The two boys spent the next few minutes hopelessly trying to navigate the UA halls. Neither of them wanted to admit that they had no idea where their impulsive game of chase had brought them. They wordlessly took turns leading the both of them back to class, pretending that they knew where they were going.

After a very long twelve minutes, they finally made it to Class 2A's monster of a door. They both took a few moments to catch their breath, wanting to compose themselves a bit before they had to face Aizawa's wrath. However, Aizawa was a very perceptive man, so it was no surprise when he practically threw the door open only seconds after the two boys arrived.

"How kind of you two to grace us with your presence," he spoke with a bored tone, but anyone could spot the blatant annoyance in his expression. The two boys immediately straightened their posture, not able to make eye contact with their intimidating teacher.

"Sorry we're late, Sir," Shoto was the first to speak, followed by a grumble from Katsuki that sounded suspiciously like an apology. The tired pro hero glared down at the two problem children, eventually letting out a sigh and stepping aside so they could walk in the room.

"I'll let it slide this time. But if I find out you two were skipping because you got into another fight," the scary man activated his quirk, causing the two troublemakers to visibly gulp. "Well, let's just hope that's not the case."

Both boys quickly shuffled to their seats, pretending not to notice the lingering stares from their classmates. Aizawa sighed again, cursing the day Midnight and Present Mic convinced him to become a teacher. "Anyways, somebody explain to Bakugo and Todoroki what they missed. You better be done by the time my nap is over." And with that, he stepped into his yellow sleeping bag and flopped onto the floor.

"... so aNYWAYS!" Mina spoke up, happily jumping up from her seat to sit on her desk. "Mr. Aizawa was just telling us about UA's first annual Field Day that's coming up!"

"Field Day?" Shoto tilted his head, not familiar with the term.

"Yeah! It's basically a day where everyone in the grade spends the whole day competing in fun challenges and activities provided by the school!" Denki chirped.

"Because of UA's crazy rich sponsors, there are gonna be tons of games and refreshments," Kyoka quipped.

"One of the sponsors are also offering a photo shoot and TV interview to the winning team!" Ochako exclaimed, obviously very excited about the whole ordeal.

"Why the hell are those stupid sponsors wasting their donations on this grade-school shit?" Katsuki asked in his signature aggressive nature, but he was actually genuinely curious.

"As you know, UA isn't hosting a Sports Festival for the second and third years due to the increasing villain attacks. They're still doing it for the first years so they can proceed with their internships as we did, but the event will have top notch security. However, I assume Principal Nezu doesn't want us to feel like we're missing out too much. He probably doesn't want the extra money from our sponsors to go to waste either," Tenya explained, doing his signature robot arm thing the whole time.

"It probably also has something to do with the sponsor that's offering the reward," Momo thought aloud. "If I had to guess, I'd say it's probably some kind of television company, or someone who works for one. The sport's festival is a big event, and it would probably damage their profit a lot if they don't get some UA students in the spotlight,"

"The prize is as much of a win for us as it is for them," Fumikage ominously stated.

"Why the hell would I want to waste my time participating in some dumb photo shoot!?" Katsuki yelled in annoyance. Willingly putting himself in the media wasn't really his style. Especially since most of the time he's been on TV, it's because of a villain attack.