Chapter Seventeen | Bloody Nose

Katsuki is the type of person that goes to sleep and wakes up on a schedule. In bed by 8:30 p.m., and awake at 5:00 a.m. for a morning run. Ever since he entered U.A., the explosive teen has been hell-bent on keeping up his strict routine, even on weekends. So he was quite surprised when he awoke to the late morning sun brightly shining through the window.

The bright sun wasn't the only thing he wasn't used to seeing at the beginning of every day. The window itself was strangely unfamiliar to him. It wasn't until he scanned the entire room with sleepy eyes that he realized he wasn't in the comfort of his own bed. His ruby eyes widened like saucers and he frantically looked around, pausing when he caught sight of familiar red and white. 

Katsuki sharply inhaled, taken off guard by the unusual sight in front of him. Shoto was laying on his side facing the blond, arms resting in front of him and hair gracefully falling over his face. The calm atmosphere that caressed the sleeping boy made Katsuki freeze.

Todoroki Shoto wasn't one to display raw emotion through his expressions. On the rare occasions that he did, it was usually rage or frustration. So in this unforeseen situation, Bakugo Katsuki had no idea how to react.

There wasn't a grand smile or sad frown; just simple contentment and peace. All the blond could do was stare, the words, "he's pretty" annoyingly echoing in his mind. He was so focused on ridding the thought from his brain that he almost didn't notice the dual-colored eyes in front of him flutter open.

Shoto is the type of person that doesn't like to fall asleep in front of others. Not only is it slightly embarrassing, but it leaves you defenseless to everything around you. Shoto isn't comfortable with that kind of vulnerability. Because of this, he refused sleepovers with the Dekusquad, and never succumbed to drowsiness while watching movies during class 2A's once a month movie nights. It was only natural for him to be alarmed when he opened his eyes to see piercing red orbs staring back at him.

His eyes widened and he let out a yelp of surprise. Katsuki, equally startled by this new development, didn't give Shoto the chance to register what was going on. He was just caught staring at the dual-haired boy, and he knew he wouldn't be able to handle being called out for something like that. His body moved on its own as he reflexively launched his fist towards the youngest Todoroki's face.

"Ow- shit!" His hands moved to cup his aching nose but ended up flailing around in a panic when he felt himself tumbling off of the bed. He felt a sudden pain in his back once he hit the floor, but it was dull compared to the burning sensation in his nose. He tenderly brought his hand to his face as he sat up, groaning in frustration when he felt a warm substance dripping from his nose.

His grey and blue eyes shifted from his red-stained fingers to his bed, glaring at Katsuki. The blond was now sitting up and staring down at the boy he just punched off of his own bed. "You're an asshole." Shoto deadpanned, his glare hardening.

Katsuki scoffed, feeling a little guilty and a little amused. "Whatever. It's your fault for waking me up with that girly scream of yours," he reached for the box of tissues on Shoto's nightstand, tossing them at the bleeding boy.

Shoto wanted to point out that the blond's eyes had been open before his surprised outburst but he quickly decided against it. He wasn't looking to get punched again. "I didn't scream and it wasn't girly," he grumbled, pulling a few tissues out of the box.

Katsuki smirked, all feeling of embarrassment and remorse disappearing. "Whatever you say, pageant boy,"

.

|

.

|

.

|

.

|

.

Within the next hour, Katsuki had showered and successfully shoved the events of the morning into the back of his mind. There was a lot of bickering when Shoto practically forced the blond to wear some of his clean clothes, insisting that wearing the dirty ones that he slept in would be uncomfortable and gross. Katsuki argued for a bit but ended up giving in a lot faster than he would like to admit.

The dual hair colored boy couldn't stop his eyes from scanning the hot-headed boy dressed in his clothes. Although Shoto was a bit taller, Katsuki had bigger muscles. The dark blue t-shirt was tight against the blond's broad shoulders and chest, accentuating his rather small waist. The sweatpants- holy fuck why did he have to pick the grey ones-  showed off parts of his lower body that Shoto never really paid attention to before. They were a bit long on Katsuki's shorter legs, causing them to be slightly bunched up at his heels.

Shoto refused to look at Katsuki until they arrived in the kitchen, not wanting to acknowledge his confusing thoughts.

Breakfast wasn't as awkward as Katsuki originally thought it would be. He thoroughly enjoyed the moments when Fuyumi would tease Shoto, bringing up many embarrassing moments from their childhood. She even offered to show him the picture of him all dressed up at the beauty pageant. She was quickly shut down by the red-and-white haired teen. Katsuki noticed that aside from the pageant story, most of Fuyumi's tales were from Shoto's early childhood.

He frowned at the thought.

The explosive teen didn't think much about Shoto's sad childhood when he first heard it at the sports festival. He had just been an arrogant rich kid in his class with two-toned hair and a quirk that was annoyingly powerful. Katsuki still secretly thought that Shoto's quirk was stupidly badass, but he had also grown to know his personality a little more. His emotionless exterior that was so irritating in the beginning was a defense mechanism, much like Katsuki's anger. They were similar in that way.

The spikey-haired boy was so lost in his thoughts that he almost didn't see the large figure step into the room. He was brought back to the present when he saw Shoto visibly tense next to him and the relaxed atmosphere became rigid. He glared up at the red-haired man, but his blue eyes were looking at someone else.

"Shoto."

_______________

llllllllll6 llllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzlq4ffffffffffffffffffffff

sincerely, Hailo
my lovely kitten that keeps walking all over my keyboard :,)

also we just reached 1k votes
i never thought the day would come tysm
<33