Chapter Eighteen | Life Is Full Of Shitty Surprises

unedited

"Shoto"

The dual-hair colored boy stiffened. "I thought you were going to be gone the whole weekend," he replied, not sparing his father a single glance.

Enji coughed uncomfortably. It's not like he was expecting Shoto to give him a warm greeting, but it's hard to talk to someone who so obviously doesn't want to have a conversation with you. The #1 hero is socially awkward as it is, and he wishes his youngest would cut him a little slack. "Ah, yes, the situation was resolved faster than we anticipated,"

There were a few moments of silence, nobody knowing what to say to break the tension. Before things got too awkward, Fuyumi was able to take to spotlight off of the socially inept man. "Congratulations on another successful mission, father. We're glad you're back," she kindly smiled at the man, beginning to collect the dishes from the table. "Have you eaten? Do you want me to make you some breakfast? I could brew some coffee if you'd like,"

Endeavor felt as if a weight was lifted from his shoulders, and Shoto's stiff posture slightly relaxed. Fuyumi was the only one that didn't hold a grudge and had experience interacting with most of her family throughout her whole life. She had a lifetime of practice defusing tense situations.

"Thank you Fuyumi, but I'm not very hungry. Coffee sounds good though," Enji nodded in appreciation, deciding to sit down at the table instead of awkwardly standing in the middle of the room. It was at that moment that he realized there was another presence in the room.

The red-headed man had seen the mess of blond spikey hair when he was walking into the kitchen, but he didn't really register that it was another person. He was more than surprised to see that it was Bakugo Katsuki, the powerful student notorious for his explosive anger. 

"Oh, Bakugo," he sent a questioning look to Shoto, who was currently ignoring him and taking a sip of tea. Endeavor huffed, turning back to Katsuki. "I didn't expect to see you here,"

The blond scoffed. "Yeah? Well, I didn't expect the title of number one hero to downgrade from an unbeatable symbol to a fucking wife abuser," he immediately responded. Shoto choked on his tea and Fuyumi audibly gasped, nearly dropping an empty coffee mug. Katsuki would be lying if he said he wasn't extremely satisfied with the look of shock on Enji's face. "I guess life is full of shitty surprises,"

With that comment, the awkward tension was back. This time Shoto was the one to break the silence, wanting to get out of there before anything escalated. "You're obviously done with your breakfast, Bakugo. Let's go get your clothes from upstairs so you can leave as soon as possible,"

Mr. Poland flag practically yoinked Katsuki from his seat, dragging him out of the kitchen and up to his room. The spikey blond didn't put up much of a fight, still proud of himself for the perfectly timed burn. When they entered the room, Shoto shoved Katsuki inside and closed the door. He pressed his forehead against the wooden structure and covered his face with his hands.

The red-eyed-anger-demon wearily looked at the boy, realizing the negative effect his comment might have had on him. "Look IcyHot, I don't know if that hurt your feelings or some shit, but there's no way in hell I'm gonna take it back,"

Shoto turned around with one of his hands still covering his eyes, shoulders shaking slightly. Katsuki would have thought he was crying if he didn't see the small grin stretched across his face.

"I can't tell if you have a death wish or if you're just an idiot," he spoke through his quiet laughter.

"As if that old man could kill me!" the blond smirked, canine-like teeth on display. He wouldn't admit it, but he was secretly relieved that the Half n' Half wasn't offended.

"He's still a pro hero who has mastered his quirk. Honestly, you wouldn't stand a chance," Shoto let his hand fall from his face and rolled his eyes.

"I wouldn't lose to that shitty pyro!" he growled, causing Shoto to double over in another round of laughter.

"I use fire too so what does that make me?" he asked in a playful manner, not expecting Katsuki's expression to shift so drastically. The blond's face turned serious as he stared at the red and white boy with the most deadpan expression he could manage.

"Half-Zuko half-Elsa."

Shoto stared at the blond for approximately 2.5 seconds before he burst into uncontrollable laughter. Katsuki was more than surprised to see stone-faced Todoroki laughing like a maniac, but he was more than pleased that he was the one who caused that reaction.

It's nice to see him happy.

_______________

I'M STILL ALIVE
i was gone for pretty much a whole month
my bad

also ALTA is très magnifique