•Forced Heat•

Warning: There's a POV switch towards the end. Wanted to try something different.

Chapter 16

"Anthony stop." I hear Cedric's voice, but faintly, over the dents I'm making on this innocent tree.

"I heard they wanted you on the council. Why didn't you join them?"

"It wasn't my goal to join them so I refused. Now stop."

"What is your goal?" I jab, hit, hit, knee, over and over. The bark on the tree begins to break off and crash onto the dirt ground.

"Make a pack, grow it, become the strongest. Now if you don't stop I'm going to make you stop."

Ignore.

I need to keep training. Especially now since I haven't been doing anything for two months. The council hasn't said anything on the attack of 2 weeks ago. It infuriates me.

I see Cedric's hand grab my fist and his other wraps around my waist, lifting me away from the tree.

"You're done for the day."

"I'm not." I reply as I let him take me away. The wind blows our way and I smell a smell I know too well already.

"Someone's here for you. Again." I slip out of Cedric's hold but Vince had already seen. He walks over to us, red face and all. I see his punch coming even before he starts lifting his fist. I'm not going to let this human lay a finger on me.

I grab his fist with my hand, stopping it midway to my face. His eyes widen and he tries pulling back but I don't let him.

"Cedric tell him to let go of me!" Vince yells. He whimpers and looks at Cedric with pleading eyes.

"I told you not to come back." The look in Vince's eyes hearing that is pure betrayal.

"And I told you I love you. You're scared, I get that. Just let me in." A stinging stab goes through my heart from that. I let go of Vince's fist and he grabs it with his other hand.

"I don't love you Vincent. You need to stop."

"You do. You wouldn't have trusted me with your secret and loved me so much if you didn't. Is it because of him? Since I've seen him that first time I saw it."

"Don't involve me in your shit, human. I'll be inside." I start walking past Vince but Cedric grabs my arm and brings me back. I suddenly feel my breathe hitch when his lips forcefully fall on mine. He grabs me hard, making sure I can't pull away. He breaks skin and a metal taste fills my mouth.

"It is because of him Vincent. Do you get it now? Leave and don't come back, don't contact me, pretend I don't exist." Cedric doesn't even bother looking at Vince, he never breaks eye contact with me.

Vincent doesn't stop his tears from falling. He looks at me with such pain... I understand that pain. He doesn't have another choice but to turn around and leave.

"You shouldn't have done that." I lick my lip to stop the bleeding. My lips are tingling, they feel warm, getting hotter. Why?

"Maybe but I did." I walk away from him and I make my way to our bedroom. I mean his bedroom.

...fuck

I rub at my lips as they pulse and burn. I move my head to crack my neck. This heat is moving all over my body. What is this?

What the fuck did Cedric do?

My clothes start feeling uncomfortable with how hot I'm getting so I strip and step into the shower. The cold water turns hot as soon as it touches my skin. The hair on my body is standing on end as if I have goosebumps. Why?