•Mates•

I still have no idea whether I want Cedric to be played by Jason Momoa or Lionel Clerc 😭 but for now I'll just add a pic of Jason.  Enjoy the chapter!

Chapter 5

"They're on their way?" Logan takes a step beside me while carrying a stack of chairs. If I were human I would never be able to tell the difference between him and his brother. Physically they're identical in every way. They differ personality wise. Logan, as I remember him, is very loose and carefree. He used to sneak out and I would hear him trying to convince Anthony to go with him. He'd never do it only because he would join my brother and I on our alpha training sessions given to us by my father.

"Yes, one of their messengers came early this morning." Wayne answers him.

"This is so much work! No one bothered to call Anthony?" Just the mention of his name has my heart skip a beat.  I catch Logan giving me a sideways glance. Did he notice?

"He's not answering."

What? "What?" Logan raises his voice. "Alpha that's not like Anthony at all. He's always answered you, regardless if he was on a job or not. If he's not answering, something happened."

"I believe in Anthony and his skills. If anything did happen to him, he'll get out of it."

"But nothing has ever happened to him! If something did now, then shouldn't we be worrying? We need to go search for him!"

"Logan calm down. We have no time to search for him. The council will be arriving in a few hours. If there's still no sign of him after the celebration then we will send a search party."

"Alpha no! By then he could be dead!"

"Logan." Wayne's voice deepens. "Stop. Finish helping Sarah with the decorations."

"No alpha." I raise a brow at Logan. He's challenging Wayne's authority. I glance at Wayne and his face is stoic.

"Hello Alpha Wayne, Alpha Cedric. Oh how lovely to see you once again." We turn our heads to a young woman with blonde hair.

"Liana." I bow my head.

"Cedric, my child, you're as handsome as ever. I've got a present for you."

"You do?" I play along. With this woman you can never be too careful. She's dangerous.

"Yes I do," she snickers, "your mate. He'll be in your care indefinitely." Ricardo appears behind her and a few more of the council members. Jacobo then appears holding a body. He forcefully throws the body at our feet.

"Mate? Cedric since when do you have a m-" This smell- "Anthony!" Logan pushes through me and falls onto the ground. He takes off the bag on Anthony's head. His piercing green eyes are wide open and when he makes eye contact with me, my wolf puts up his guard.

Cedric be careful. He isn't okay.

What do you mean?

Exactly what I said.

"Anthony? You okay?" Logan looks over his face and relief floods his body. He thinks Anthony is okay. He's not okay though. He's hurt.

"What did you do to my pack member  Ms. Mercy?" Liana directs her attention to Wayne.

"Ah the alpha of this child. Well we gave him a suitable punishment. He took it quiet well if I don't say so myself. From now until we say so, he will no longer be a part of your pack. He will be placed under Alpha Cedric's care. That means he will live in his pack house, and he is not permitted to work. If he kills another human soul, we will end his life." She smiles.

"Very well. Please, come on in. My wife is almost done with the food. Allied packs will also come and celebrate your arrival." I look at Wayne. Times like these I hate his ability to stay composed. He should be fighting her, but as an alpha, he needs to stay composed. We both do.

"Oh a party!" She grins and claps. "Ricardo, oh how exciting is that?"

"Very exciting Liana." He agrees.

"Hehe well then let's make ourselves comfortable! Thank you Alpha Wayne, for your hospitality." She walks into the house with the rest of the council members at her heel.

Wayne places his hand on my shoulder, "Cedric, take him to your home. Make sure your pack doctor tends to him immediately."

"I'm going too!" Logan speaks up.

"No, you are needed here. Go on brother. I'll speak with you at a later time." I nod and walk over to Anthony and Logan. I look over Anthony's body one last time before picking him up in my arms. I instantly relax, feeling him against me. My wolf even purrs.

"You two are mates." Logan frowns.

"Yes we are."

"I know what you did to Jude. I won't forgive you if you hurt Anthony. If you do I'll kill you." He walks past me towards their pack house. I sigh and walk over to my car. Only Wayne understood my actions and still disagreed with them but who wouldn't? What I did was unforgivable but I believed it was the right thing to do. I was wrong and once I realized that, it was too late.

I carefully lay Anthony down in the back. I try to put on his seat belt but he hisses.

"Where are you hurt?" I ask him. He looks at me but only for a second. His eyes close and he breathes in slowly. I lift his shirt and inspect his stomach. Nothing. I flip him carefully onto his stomach and see it.

They did this. How could they!

Calm down Roman

I pull his shirt back down and leave him as he is. This way it'll be less painful for him.

I walk over to the drivers seat and start the car. I watch Anthony sit up and look at me through the rear view mirror. He looks as if he's given up on everything. Dead.

"I'm taking you to my pack house. You'll be staying with me from now on." I drive until a light turns red. He hasn't said a word.

I look back and my heart clenches then and there.

He hasn't moved. He's still as can be with only a tear running down his cheek.

"I'm sorry Anthony. I wouldn't dare to cause you anymore harm than I have already by being your mate. But there is nothing I can do." I hold onto the steering wheel until my knuckles turn white.

"I know."

.

.

Ahhhh lord I'm like dying. This novel feels like a girl going through stages of her period. Don't worry I can say that bc I am a girl.

But well I hope you enjoyed this chapter!!!

Comment and vote!

Who still hates the idea of Anthony living with Cedric?

Who ships them??? Any ship names?