Talk With Marinette, Movies and Ice Cream || Chapter 30 ||

The blush that had tinted Adrien cheeks was adorable. He seemed to struggle to find words, as his mouth kept opening and closing with no noise coming out. I watched him, finally feeling content after these last few days.

I didn't realise the calming affect he had, had on me until he wasn't by my side. I squeezed his hand slightly, smiling brightly at him. He shyly smiled back before looking down and shuffling his feet.

"You said love" he said softly, looking back up at me. I stepped closer to him and rested my head on his shoulder, inhaling the familiar scent.

"I meant it" I said quietly. How could I not? He was a light. He was always searching for the positive outcome and his smile radiated warmth. And he looked damn fine in a tight leather cat outfit.

He smiled down at me and we resumed walking, swinging our joined hands back and forth. We decided to head to the park, school forgotten. Children too young for school were running around, chasing each other while the parents stood around and talked with one another.

"Ladybug told me about Mon. Something about her doesn't feel right" Adrien said quietly, trying to keep our conversation between just us. I nodded, agreeing completely.

"She isn't a Miraculous holder but she sounds like one" I said, telling him my thoughts. He nodded slightly before stopping in his tracks and turning to look at me. What? What is it?

"Maybe she's not a hero? Maybe she's the villain" he said, bringing up a good point. The thought didn't bring me any comfort. Is she an akuma? Or is she like Hawkmoth? Are there negative Miraculous jewels that create villains?

I furrowed my eyebrows in thought. There were so many possibilities and that was scary enough. No one had seen or heard about this Mon Papillon before but now it felt like she was everywhere. I wrapped my arms around myself and looked up at Adrien.

"I don't have a good feeling about this, Adrien" I admitted. He gave me a sad smile but nodded in understanding before throwing an arm around my shoulders and pulling me into him. He placed a kiss to my head and we continued walking.

After walking around with Adrien for a bit, his busy schedule caught up with him and he had to leave but I decided to use this time to hopefully talk with Marinette. I was awkwardly standing out the front of her family's bakery, trying to figure out just what I should say to her. Sorry? That didn't seem like enough.

How do you apologise to someone you've just crushed? I stole away the love of her life, unintentionally. I inhaled deeply and walked into the bakery, being greeted by her parents. I felt guilty as they smiled at me and told me to go up to Marinette's room.

I slowly made my way to Marinette's trap door before knocking quietly. Alya opened the trap door and let me in.

"I was wondering how long it'd take before you came over" she said, walking over to a bundle of blankets on the couch. The sight made my shoulders slump and I felt terrible. I walked over and squatted down in front of the blankets.

"Hey Marinette. I know I'm probably the last person you want to see right now but I want you to know that I never ever wanted to hurt you" I said softly, watching the blankets for any kind of movement.

She opened the blankets slightly, allowing me to look at her. Her eyes were red and puffy and her cheeks shined with both fresh and dry tears. I bit my lips and forced myself not to tear up at the sight. I had caused this, just because I wanted to show Chloe up.

"I'm not mad at you Riva. I'm just sad that Adrien isn't my soulmate. I don't even have a soulmate" she said tearing up. I sighed sadly and reached into the blankets and held her hand.

She's the one who is in love with the idea of love, it wouldn't surprise me if she had a scrapbook for her wedding day and her life planned out already. But she doesn't have a soulmate yet.

"Marinette, soulmates appear at different times in everyone's lives. But you will find yours and they'll be perfect and they'll love you with everything they have and you'll live in a cute little house with a few kids and have the perfect little life. I promise" I said, squeezing her hand. She sniffled and smiled at me softly.

"You really think so?" she asked, sounding like a small child. I smiled brightly and nodded my head enthusiastically. Even Alya was nodding her head.

"Oh, we know so" Alya said, getting a small giggle from Marinette. Alya and I looked at each other before we both jumped at Marinette and hugged her and the mountains of blankets. This caused her to squeal and us all to laugh.

Tom and Sabine allowed us to have a sleepover in the lounge room. We were watching romance movies while wrapped up in blankets with ice cream. I wasn't normally one for romance movies but tonight was about making Marinette feel better.

My phone beeped signalling I had a text message. I figured it was Adrien so I tried to keep Marinette from seeing but also wanted to look casual.

I'm glad you know who I am now, Beau – Adrien

I've known who you were for a while, Chaton – Riva

I love you, you know that, right? – Adrien

I love you too -Riva

"Who was that?" Alya asked, looking over at my messages and seeing Adrien's contact. We looked at each other before deciding that we probably shouldn't mention Adrien in front of Marinette right away.

"Just Nino, he likes to send me random song links sometimes" I said, inwardly cringing. I can't believe I just had to lie. Or that I even felt the need to.