Embezzler and Chat Noir || Chapter 6 ||

"Ladybug and Chat Noir!" The villain shouted. He stopped shooting at me which allowed me to raise my head and looked at Paris' super duo. Alya quickly grabbed my attention and beckoned me to come over while briefcase man was distracted. I peeked over the car and nodded back at her. I braced myself and began running, only to catch the villain's attention.

"I don't think so, nobody escapes Embezzler!" He yelled, shooting at me once again. I shrieked and jumped behind a poster of Adrien.

"Sorry Adrien" I apologised more to myself than anything. A laugh caught my attention before wind whipped at my hair and I was standing on a roof. Oh dear. I gulped and looked down at the ground.

"I don't think your friend will care about his poster, if you're safe" a smooth yet familiar voice said from behind me. I turned around and looked at him. Chat Noir. Cute blonde in tight leather. I felt my cheeks heating up before I noticed a line of pen on his cheek. My eyes widened and I walked right up to him, surprising him.

"Uh hello" he said unsure of himself. I touched the line of pen before it clicked. He was A. This was him. I pulled my hand away faster than lightening.

"You have a super-villain to stop. I want to talk after this" I stated and sat myself down on the roof, knowing I had no way of getting down myself. Still unsure, Chat Noir nodded his head before jumping off the building and landing behind Embezzler. My phone buzzed and I looked down, seeing a text from Alya.

ARE YOU ALL RIGHT?! -Alya

I'm okay, a little shaken up. -Riva

I AM SO SORRY. I DIDN'T THINK THIS WOULD HAPPEN. -Alya

It's okay. I don't blame you. Though I did score a talk with Chat Noir. -Riva

Oh, you lucky thing. Go girl ;) -Alya

I chuckled and put my phone back into my pocket, deciding to watch the fight down on the street. Ladybug was holding Embezzler still with her yoyo while Chat Noir kicked his briefcase away from him.

"Lady! Now" he shouted. Ladybug let go of Embezzler and Chat Noir knocked him down with his staff, while Ladybug ran over to the briefcase and broke it. A small black butterfly came out of it and she caught it with her yoyo. Suddenly all the damage was gone and I sat there with my mouth hanging open. Chat Noir fist bumped with Ladybug before looking up at me and winking. I rolled my eyes but couldn't stop the blush that rose to my cheeks.

He quickly made his way up to me and sat opposite me, looking like a small kid. I fiddled with my hair and couldn't think of a way to bring it up.

"You know. I never expected us to be in the same country, let alone the same city" I stated. Chat looked at me in confusion. I sighed and brought out my phone, showing him his face that had a pen streak on it. I then pointed to mine.

"So, you're the mysterious R" he stated, smirking to himself. I nodded, putting my phone back into my pocket and looked down at my feet.

"Well I sure got lucky" he stated, causing me to snap my head up and look at him. He was smiling softly down at me and I couldn't help but smile back. Suddenly he grew a sad look and I furrowed my brows.

"I want to get to know you so bad. But I can't give away my identity" he pouted, looking down. I bit my lip, knowing that was true. He couldn't let anyone know who he was, he can't put the people he loves in danger.

"I've read enough comics to know how it goes. I'm okay with that. You know my face, you can come visit me whenever" I told him, lifting his spirits slightly. He bounced and nodded his head. I giggled at the blonde hair falling into his eyes.

"Well since I know you as both A and Chat Noir. You can call me Riva" I said gently, standing up and looking around. Paris certainly did look different from up here. A small tug on my hand made me look down at Chat. He gave me a sheepish smile.

"Uh, do you want a ride down?" he asked, pointing down to the street where I saw Alya on her phone. I nodded and before I knew it, I was pulled up onto his back and we were heading for the street. I cried out and buried my face into his neck, grabbing onto him tightly.

"You can let go now though I'll understand if you don't want to" he chuckled, giving me a wink. I rolled my eyes and climbed off him. Alya ran over and immediately hugged me, apologising over and over.

"We have to go!" she said hurriedly. I looked at her confused. Isn't everything okay now?

"Uh, why?" I asked, looking between her and Chat. Did he know if anything was wrong? I mean, he should, he's a superhero.

"Nino can't find Adrien, we're going to help look" Alya stated, texting away on her phone. Adrien's missing? Shock washed over me and Chat stiffened. I turned to him, hoping that my look was pleading.

"Please, you've got to help us. Adrien's my best friend" I stated. Chat looked down and went to open his mouth but his ring beeped. He sighed out in annoyance and looked up at me apologetically.

"I'm sorry, I really want to but my time's up" he said sadly. I nodded, knowing he had to leave. He grabbed my hand and kissed it softly before leaving. I turned back to Alya who had a smirk on her face.

"Shut up, we have to find Adrien" I said, worry lacing into my voice. Alya nodded and we started running around, calling his name. My phone rang and I looked at the caller ID, Adrien.

"You idiot, where are you?"

"Uh, well. You see, I went shopping"

"Shopping? Everyone is worried about you!"

"What? Why?"

"Because after that crazy guy with the briefcase, you went missing and wouldn't answer Nino's calls!"

"Yeah well. I kinda wanted it to be a surprise"

"You wanted what to be a surprise?"

"Come to the park"

"Adrien..."

"I have something for you, see you soon"

He hung up. I stared at my phone in disbelief. Alya stared at me waiting for an explanation. I just looked between her and my phone.

"He was shopping" I stated in disbelief. Alya was outraged and ranted the whole walk to the park. She quickly left my side and went over to Marinette, who looked so worried she could of thrown up. Nino walked over and gave my shoulder a reassuring squeeze.

"Adrien's on his way" I said, surprising him greatly. He laughed and hugged me, like I had given him the best news of his life. I chuckled and hugged him back. Nino and I both heard Marinette falling over her words and knew Adrien was here. We ran over and Nino punched his arm.

"Don't do that!" he scolded while Adrien laughed. I just wrapped my arms around him and held him close, not believing how stupid this boy was.

"You're an idiot, making people worry about you for no reason" I told him, pulling away and hopefully looking very unpleased. He awkwardly scratched his neck and looked at his feet. Marinette was staring at me as if I had two heads.

"Well I saw something and it reminded me of you, so I bought it" he said, reaching into his pocket. Nino, Alya, Marinette and I were all shocked. He bought me something. I tried to open my mouth to object but I saw the beautifully simple bracelet and lost all words. It was a thin sliver chain with a R charm attached to it. The R was small and had diamonds in it.

"Adrien, it's beautiful. You shouldn't have" I told him but he just smiled down at me and clipped it onto my wrist. I couldn't take my eyes off the gorgeous piece of jewellery.

"Thank you"