6 [Rewritten]

'....' thinking

"...." speaking

Centuries had passed since Grell became a shinigami trainee, and now he was promoted as one of the shinigami supervisors. Grell was currently sitting in his office and doing paperwork. Being promoted up the shinigami ranks meant that Grell had more work to do than others.

Grells job was simple but demanding. All he had to do was supervise other shinigami, occasionally collect souls when they were short staffed and go through paperwork.

Speaking of paperwork, Grell was being glared down by William, at the opposite end of his desk. "Finish your paperwork," told William.

Grell smiled at the friend but he couldn't help but think back to the time when he was reintroduced to William.

Flashback

Making his way through the corridor, Grell silently walked towards his superiors office. A few other shinigami nodded at him as he passed by them.

Grell stopped at the office door with a few papers in hand. Before, he could politely knock on the door, it opened, revealing Elijah and surprisingly William.

"William?" Asked Grell, shocked at his appearance. Wasn't he supposed to be in Heaven?

"Grell?" Questioned William with a similar expression to Grells. "Your here as well?"

Confusion made its way onto Grells face. "What happened?" Asked Grell.

A coughing sound broke the two out of their conversation. Grell and William at least looked ashamed at forgetting Elijah. "You can continue your conversation later, Grell put the documents in my office." Elijah turned to William. "And you will be coming with me."

Flashback end

"Why is there so much paperwork?" Complained Grell, rubbing his head in annoyance. Paperwork was a waste of time in his opinion.

"Because you didn't complete last weeks paperwork," told William as he rolled his eyes. "There wouldn't be as much if you had done it last week."

"Did I ask for your opinion?" Grell glanced at William then turned back to the documents in front of him. "I swear that this is multiplying by the minute," huffed Grell. 'The demons and the angels must also hate this.'

"If you don't finish this today Grell, I'll tell Elijah that you were slacking off again," said William.

Grells eyes widened in horror. "No! Don't tell him! I'll do it!" Exclaimed Grell, not wanting a visit from elijah. 'Maybe I can convince Undertaker to help me,' thought Grell. 'Or I can always blackmail him.'

A sadistic smirk placed on Grells lips. Seeing this, WIlliam rolled his eyes, too used to Grells antics. It wasn't like William had a choice, he was stuck with Grell, secretly he didn't mind though.

A whacking sound made its way through the office. William stood besides Grell with his hand moving away from Grells head. "What was that for?!" Yelled Grell in pain, which soon faded due to his superior biology.

"You are being an idiot," told William with a blank face.

"Be careful William," sharply said Grell. "This 'idiot' is your boss." Grell was about to get up and smack William back but someone knocked at the door. His eyes narrowed at the piece of wood but he eyes soon softened as he fixed himself. "Come in."

A new shinigami walked in and greeted the other two shinigami. The shinigami then gave Grell a file and mentioned that the head shinigami wanted the two of them to do a case for him.

"Tell the boss that we'll do the case tonight," told Grell, the siningami nodded in confirmation and left to tell the head shinigami. As soon as the door shut Grell gave a silent cheer. "Don't look at me like that."

"I wasn't," muttered William.

"But you were. At least I get some action now," hummed Grell, feeling excited at the prospect.

"I suppose it has been awhile since we have last been out," said William, looking forward to getting out of the office.

Grell opened the fill and peaked inside. His eyes widened, never would he have guessed that he would reap the souls of the people responsible for the death of the Phantomhive family, apart from Ciel.

"What has you attention, Grell?" Questioned William, giving a concerned look for his friend.

"Nothing, its nothing for you to worry about," said Grell.

"Hn," hummed William.

'Why does William sound like an Uchiha?' Thought Grell.

*****

In the middle of the night, William and Grell appeared at an unknown location in England. There was no cloud in sight and the moon was at its peek, giving light to the usually dark place.

"This is going to be a blood bath," commented Grell, smirking at the thought of letting loose. "Lets take our time."

William and Grell brought out their death scythe, ready to collect some souls. "Lets finish this quickly," said William.

The sound of screams, from inside the estate echoed outside, alerting William and Grell of another supernatural beings presence. "It's beginning,' whispered Grell. "I don't want whatever's inside to have all the fun."

William and Grell sprinted inside the estate. Using his chainsaw Grell shredded his first target into little pieces. 'One down," thought Grell as he continued his dance of death. William was besides him also killing the occultists.

Minutes had passed since the two had started to kill everyone, and  it looked like William and Grell had killed everyone on their list. "I believe we are done, Grell," said William while cleaning his death scythe.

"How week and boring," muttered Grell while he was looking at the pile of dead bodies. "Don't you agree, William?" Grell turned to his friend.

"If you are bored then you should do your paperwork," suggested William with a smirk.

"Of course you would suggest that," drawled Grell. "I smell smoke, we should leave."

The two shinigami left the burning estate. Grell had his suspicions that it was Ciels pet demon that lit the place on fire. Sensing a demonic presence on the hillside of the estate, Grell looked towards the hillside.

Grell smirked at the sight of a certain black haired butler, carrying a blue haired boy in a blanket. 'Seems that they Ciel has sold his soul,' thought Grell.

"Grell, are you listening to me?" Questioned William, causing Grell eyes to snap away from the hillside.

"Sorry, what did you say?" Asked Grell.

"Do you want to get some food?" Inquired William, thinking of a place that would still be opened.

"Yes, but you have to pay," said Grell.

"Really," told William, raising an eyebrow.

"Really," replied Grell.

William sighed. "Only because I offered," said William.