The Kind Consoling

A/N: As usual, I would recommend putting the video on loop.

Silence drifted into the room and hung there. If someone were to look in through the window, every individual in the room would've seemed as though they were in a wax museum. No one moved. (F/n)'s head hung down, and her (e/c) eyes stared lifelessly at her lap as though she wasn't even present in the room with the others. Ether stared on worriedly, not another word about the plan to reach her parents house leaving his lips.

Nick continued to lean against the doorway. His brown optics slightly focused on (f/n), but he didn't move a muscle towards her even if part of him wanted to. He understood the consequences if he tried to comfort her, and he couldn't afford them. Chris was leaning forward on her hands, a concerned expression on her countenance for (f/n). Ren had his left hand placed on Chris's right leg, and he was more concentrated on Callest attacking Chris than (f/n). Their next encounter, his fiancée might not receive just a broken leg, and that scared him terribly.

Deidre only knew a fraction of the horrors that (f/n) had experienced in the subway. Unlike (f/n), she only had mental and emotional scars; (f/n) bore physical ones too. She knew that some of them had healed, but the deeper wounds would remain scars. Understanding the heavy quiet, Deidre was the first one to move. "We can go over plans again. Like Ether mentioned, we have two weeks." The twenty-two-year-old woman moved towards the door and Nick. "We don't need to get all of it done today."

"Right," Nick finally responded, pushing himself off of the doorframe. His eyes stayed on (f/n) a moment longer before he faced away from her. Mentally, he sighed, but he didn't say another word. Ren and Chris moved next. Carefully, Chris stood up on her feet, and she winced. Ren supported her up, and she smiled up to him before the both of them began to leave the room.

When all four of them had left, Deidre peered over her right shoulder. Ether nodded to her, and she nodded back before she closed the door. With them gone, Ether sat up a little straighter on the chair. "(F/n)," he spoke softly. She didn't react. Given her current state, he preferred the hallucinations she used to have. At least, she would react to those, and he could draw her attention away from them.

Whatever she was witnessing in her mind now was deeper. That b*st*rd had gotten into her head to the point where not even he could distract her from such dreadful thoughts. Over the past six weeks, he had seen her fall into such states, but they only had been for a minute at most before she had broken out of them. Some of those times, she had tears. Other times, she just had remained silent for a little while after, and she had leaned on him. When that happened, he reminded himself that it was only because she had missed him, not because she loved him. Even though that was the case, he was happy to be there for her.

Today, however, was the longest she had been in such a state of mind. It probably related to the fact that they were talking about her parents, but they had discussed that topic beforehand. She even called her parents regularly to check up on them. Perhaps, it was because they were leaving. No, that wasn't it. He had been over-thinking the circumstance. (F/n) had tensed after he had mentioned fighting Callest and the fact that he never had seen Callest be completely serious before.

Completely serious. That had to be it. (F/n) must have seen him that way before. She had spent ... about two whole months with him. The fact increased his rage, and his left nails stabbed into his hand. Crimson decorated his deathly pale skin, and some of it dripped onto the floor. He would clean it up later. His nails stayed in his skin, and the blood continued to drop onto the floor, forming a small pile of the substance.